Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Soul Calibur V Character Creations

Lot of you may not know me... none of you probably actually know me but its all good. I got #SC5 day one and aside from from beat Story Mode and play online (PS3) I've spent an awful lot of time in the Creation mode. Its what I did in 4 and managed to pull off some amazing characters. This post is just to show of some characters you may be familiar with and the potential of the character Creation mode. All of these are completely done by me, I'm aware there are pics and YT vids of #SC5 creations online, but I have not referenced a single one for my characters. Just the work of me,  my imagination and  a little help from Google images. Here you go:

Only the first 10, there's more to come.
My "Character Data" select screen.
MK9 Scorpion

 This was the first one I created.  Lots of detail. Scorpion is obviously a staple in the FGC, as we all know this classic character since the original Mortal Kombat.


The grey designs on the chest and head are for textural purposes only 
 With Sub-Zero, or "Elder Sub", I couldnt decide on which outfit to go with. Sub's had so many looks over the years.. so I decided to go with an amalgam of sorts with his costume. A little bit of all my fave Sub-Zero parts.




The red mark of the banished Lin Kuei; the textured blue glove is supposed to represent the "ice arms ", I always liked that idea.


 Everybody's favorite X-Man, Gambit!


Even gave him a kiss on the cheek from Rogue, and a couple of kinetic cards.



 Ukyo -Samurai Shodown

HAD to include the apple!





Galford- Samurai Shodown 
Even has the sheer sleeves.


My fave pose; Go Poppie!


 I dont watch alot of Naruto but Gaara is my favorite character from that series.



This is as large as they allow for the gourd.. sadly

A lot of the hair conflicts with his red forehead kanji but this style was the best 

 Ahh, Iron Man aka Tony Stark... this one proved to be a tricky one. I almost scrapped him but decided to keep anyway.
The helmet up look was the best choice, there's also a gold face mask you wear with  the helm, but I thought was too much.

Only his wrists glow, I wanted the palms, oh well, close enough.


 Kratos was an obvious choice as Im sure alot of people have created him. So I wont brag much about this one...

But Im sure no one added the Hermes wings...




Nor the blood stain effect on the chains...

 DC's Robin

Usual when I use patterns for the shirts its just to give the effect of texture. nothing more.

Black and yellow hooded cape




Shoutouts to #SF2 I had to do the classic blue Alt for Dhalsim!
Tried to make him as skinny as possible but buffed up the chest.



Even added the earrings, what up F Champ?

 Ogre- Tekken series, not my personal favorite Tekken character but seemed like the perfect challenge to create in #SC5


Shoutsout to MarkMan at Mad Catz.


Needs a shield now.. but that comes with Pyrrah's girly pose. 
 Another cool Naruto character, Kankuro. He's not my favorite design but I wanted to keep him anyway, maybe I'll edit him in the future to improve.


Killer Instinct's Tusk!
He obviously fits into this game.


This is a nod to another classic KI character, Sabrewulf. 


 Nightwing. Everyone knows Im a hardcore Marvel fan, but Nightwing is my all-time favorite DC character. So badass.
Very limited patterns and stickers, so I had to use what they gave me for the designs





Even with the lightning bolts, I think it came out pretty decent.

Another challenging one, and not one Im completely satisfied with..  Bishamon- Darkstalkers.

Added the white lips to imitate his teeth... Speaking of teeth, I had to use horns for his armors teeth :p














So, those are all I have so far. With the limited items they give me, I did what I could, no way are my creations the best out there, but I'm proud of what I accomplished.  I can usually push out 2 completely created chars a day, with my work schedule and life, so I'll definitely keep updating this post. Thanks for looking. Any suggestions are welcomed, as are links to some of your created characters.

I play on PSN(SEN) - Courage1972
Follow me on Twitter @JerrellOwen

No comments:

Post a Comment